ABIE Netherlands is the focal point for Australian business professionals residing and working in the Netherlands. With events running throughout the year, alongside quarterly dinners, we provide a relaxed and stimulating forum for making connections and sharing experiences, while also strengthening links to the motherland.
ABIE was established in London in 1975 to foster Australian business interests across Europe. Today, there are ABIE chapters in most European countries: some focused on Australian business and others on individual Australians in business.
ABIE Netherlands patron is the Australian Ambassador to the Netherlands, Mr. Neuhaus. Our membership is drawn from diverse business sectors including CPG companies, Finance and Banking startups. Members hail from companies including Shell, Philips, Royal FrieslandCampina and ING.
How we operate
1. ABIE dinner events are invitation only
2. To qualify as a member, you need to meet the following criteria
* Australian living in the Netherlands
* Working in the area of business
3. Change of employment status of members can result in membership delisting. We retain a discretionary allowance of 10% of members or associates who move to an unemployed or freelance status to remain in ABIE.
4. Although our dinners are networking events, we do not sell.
5. Members or associates who utilise the attendee list to prospect customers will be excluded from further invitations.
6. Only limited details of members and associates will be provided at each event
7. ABIE Netherlands will not provide or sell the member list to any third party
8. Membership is not transferable.
9. Membership will be automatically renewed unless advised in writing
10. Membership is valid for the calendar year.
Mr Neuhaus is a senior career officer with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade where he most recently headed the Middle East and Africa Division. He has previously served overseas as Ambassador to Zimbabwe; Director, Political Affairs Division, Commonwealth Secretariat, London; and High Commissioner to Nigeria. In Canberra, Mr Neuhaus has also served as Assistant Secretary, Africa Branch and Senior Adviser, International Division, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.